Monday, November 03, 2008

Election Day Eve
The last two or three days have been refreshing for me spiritually and socially. On Sunday, Ashley and I babysat three kids all day long--an act that for "newlyweds" turns the whole world on its head. I was so tired on Sunday that I actually allowed myself to rest for a change. Our pastor provided an encouraging message on the significance of Tuesday's election...an event about which I had almost resigned myself to complacency. After much thoughtful consideration, research, and journaling (as well as watching another successful Steelers' Monday night game), I have finally decided who will receive my vote for the presidency tomorrow morning. I may share a little more about that decision later on, but for now, I'll only leave the prayer that Ashley and I shared tonight after all this soul-searching.

"Almighty God, who has given us this good land for our heritage, we humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance; and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought here out of many nations and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

1 Comments:

At 11/04/2008 8:17 AM, Blogger Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

I understand how you felt on Sunday, Tim! I'm sorry my kids wore you out. :) Thanks so much for the gift of babysitting them for us that day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home